Over the last little bit I have been thinking that I need to get more personal on my blog an help my readers and clients get to know me more. I love to show up to a session or wedding and already be friends or at least know some of the commonalities I share with the couple or person I am shooting. So, here are a few fun facts about me. Feel free to laugh!
1. I love to cook and bake. One of my favorite things to do is to spend time in the kitchen. I am always up for trying new things so if you have a recipe you love, send it to me!
2. I do not eat mushrooms. I have always disliked their taste and texture, no matter the kind or how they are cooked even though I have tried so hard to get used to them.
3. Growing up I always had lots of pets. I had guinea pigs, cats, dogs, fish, chickens and even a pig (named Wilbur of course!).. and no, I didn’t grow up on a farm. None of the pets were allowed to have names longer then 2 syllables and that stuck with me through adulthood. My orange cat that I have now is named Maverick.
4. I get lost all of the time even with my GPS turned on. I have no idea how I can manage that but I sure do. I can perfectly imitate the “recalculating, recalculating” that my GPS says almost every trip.
5. I took a road trip from BC to Mexico in 2009 for purely photographic purposes that was so much fun. I would do it again in a heart beat. I loved stopping in California and Arizona (both places I would love to go back to) for a bit and even got to photograph the Grand canyon at sunrise.
6. I love shopping at Winners and buying random pretty stuff. This past Friday, I bought a bottle of Ceries Griotte Elixia Limonade Artisanale just because it was so pretty (and looked delicious too).
7. I love to wear dresses but I do not wear them often enough. I find that I revert to wearing jeans or comfy yoga pants all the time.
8. I love having fresh flowers in my living room, even if it is just one stem.
9. I am currently taking a cake decorating class and it is so much fun! We are mainly working with butter cream and piping bags. Tonight, were decorating cupcakes.
10. Ask me anything in the comment section and I will answer as #10.
Here is a picture of the basil that I am growing as well as some bruschetta I made with the basil… yum!